Hello Parkcrest families,
I hope that you've had a great weekend despite the bitter cold. A few items of importance are coming up in the next few weeks. Just a reminder to look at the Parkcrest Website weekly to see the weekly updates.
1) Cold weather: Unfortunately we will be dealing with this for the next few days. Please send your child to school with appropriate clothing. We certainly want to provide students an opportunity to get fresh air and play outside at recess, and hopefully lunchtime. We will watch for wind chill and gauge how cold it is before we send students out.
2) Kindergarten registration for 2019-2020: Takes place next week Feb. 11-15. If you have a child who will be attending next year you will need to bring in his/her birth certificate, Care card, and proof of address. We will have all of the forms available at the office for you to fill out. This year we will not be doing a Welcome to Kindergarten event at Parkcrest. Rather we will be running a SPARK (Strong, Prepared and Ready for Kindergarten) program. In order to register for this event you will need to go to Eventbrite. https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/parkcrest-elementary-spark-kindergarten-2019-4-sessions-available-tickets-53876927340?aff=ebdssbdestsearch
3) PAC: The next PAC meeting will be on Feb. 11 at 6:00 in the staff room at Parkcrest. All are invited. Thank you to our PAC for providing popcorn or hot chocolate on Fridays this past month! Due to the Grade 4/5 ski trip the PAC hot lunch for Feb. 28 has been moved to Feb. 26 now.
4) SD#73 has a new app for parents. Please see the link here to access the app if you are interested. SD#73 APP
5) Literacy and Unplug and Play week: We had a great week last week celebrating literacy! Funky socks day, dress like your favourite character, pajama day and all of us reading together in the gym on Friday was so much fun. We hope that you enjoyed your time as a family unplugging as well. Thank you to Ms. Bond (our Teacher Librarian) for organizing. Thank you to all of the families who donated books for the Heap the Honda event as well. Battle of the Books is in full swing with Ms. Bond as well! We have two teams from Parkcrest that will compete in the zones. Practices are on Monday.
6) Professional Development Days coming up: Feb. 8 and March 1.
- Feb. 5 Boys basketball hosting
- Feb. 6 Project EDGE presentation for Grade 6 students
- Feb. 7 Thomson and Foster's class to BLSC
- Feb. 7 Trestain and Ellingsen's class skating
- Feb. 7 Girls basketball to David Thompson
- Feb. 8 Professional Development day
- Feb. 11-15 Kindergarten Registration
- Feb. 11-13 Shantz and Huffman's class to McQueen Lake
- Feb. 12 Boys hosting basketball
- Feb. 12 Elementary Math Challenge 8:30-2:30. Congratulations to our three winners!
- Feb. 13 Monster Theatre presentation at Parkcrest 9:00
- Feb. 14 Girls basketball hosting
- Feb. 14 Foster and Sarassin's classes at KGTC
- Feb 18 Family Day holiday
- Feb. 19 Boys hosting basketball
- Feb. 21 Mr. Roszmann's class attending Skelep School
- Feb. 22 Kindergarten Dental screening
- Feb. 25 Recognition assembly for February
- Feb. 26 Hot lunch PAC day change
- Feb. 27 Pink Shirt Day
- March 1 Professional Development day
- March 6 PAC Paint Night in our gym
- March 15 Report Cards home
- March 18-22 Spring Break.